Welcome to my resources section. Here are the professional and personal items I use, like, and can honestly recommend.
With that in mind, I want to be honest and transparent in letting you know that some links below are affiliate links.
This means that if you choose to make a purchase, I may earn a commission – through no added cost to you. An example of this is the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Plainly put, affiliate commissions help cover the cost of running this site.
But above all else – the recommendations are here because they are helpful and have added value to my work and play. Don't spend money on these products unless you feel they will do the same for you.
Podcasts and audiobooks are my favorite methods when it comes to education and content consumption. How many commuting hours could you apply in the design of your life?
Audible is an excellent service, and I'll tell you a little secret: You don't need a subscription to listen to their books. That's right. You can buy titles from them ala carte, no subscription required. I call it a secret because their advertising seems to infer you need a subscription to utilize the service. Nope. Nada. Not at all.
That's not to imply anything wrong with having an Audible subscription; I have one and absolutely love it. Sign up for Audible here.
Here's what's in my Audible library:
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich, by Timothy Ferriss
- The 5 Second Rule, Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage, by Mel Robbins
- A Grown-Up Guide to Dinosaurs, An Audible Original, by Ben Garrod
- #AskGaryVee, One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Burnout Generation, by Anne Helen Petersen
- Crush It!, Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Crushing It! How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- How to Persuade and Get Paid, The Sales Workshop for Everyone, by Phil M. Jones
- The Making of the Atomic Bomb, 25th Anniversary Edition, by Richard Rhodes
- The Man Who Knew the Way to the Moon, by Todd Zwillich
- Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis
- My Seinfeld Year, by Fred Stoller
- Never Split the Difference, Negotiating as if Your Life Depended on It, by Chris Voss
- The Right Stuff, by Tom Wolfe
- The Thank You Economy, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Treasure Island, An Audible Original Drama, by Robert Louis Stevenson, Marty Ross – adaptation
- Virtual Freedom, How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business, by Chris Ducker
Want a handy tool to use when you need to push through that moment of uncertainty? Mel Robbin’s ‘5 Second Rule’ is a simple method to deal with procrastination, inhibition, and fear. I’ve used ‘The 5 Second Rule’ to handle my fear of public speaking, deal with gatekeepers, and admit for the first time anywhere: even asking for driving directions. It works.
Gary Vanyerchuck's audiobook, “Crush It!” is an inspiring and informative guide to using the power of the internet to turn your passions into a successful career.
Gary provides high-level and practical advice on leveraging social media platforms and other digital tools to build a successful business in this audiobook. He also shares stories from dozens of influencers and entrepreneurs who have succeeded by following his advice.
The book is divided into five sections: why now is the time to cash in on your passion; how successful entrepreneurs build their businesses and influence; what has changed since his first book; what you will learn; and an audiobook review. Each section provides valuable insight into creating a successful online presence and tips for staying motivated and inspired.
Whether you are just starting or looking for ways to take your business to the next level, this book will provide you with the knowledge and motivation you need to succeed.
Gary Vanyerchuck's audiobook, “The Thank You Economy,” is an essential listen for any business looking to stay competitive in the digital age. In it, Vanyerchuck explains how companies can use social media to cultivate relationships with customers and build loyalty. He emphasizes the importance of caring about your customers and how this will lead to success.
Vanyerchuck's audiobook provides practical advice on creating a successful customer-focused business model. He offers 13 nuggets of greatness that just about any business can apply. These include building trust through transparency, creating a culture of gratitude, and using storytelling to engage customers. He also offers insight into how companies can effectively use social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
Overall, “The Thank You Economy” is an excellent resource for businesses wanting to stay ahead of the competition in the digital age. It provides valuable insights into how companies can create meaningful customer relationships and build loyalty. This audiobook is worth a listen if you're looking for a comprehensive guide to succeeding in the digital world!